Ukrainian Catholic Church, Bradford


Calls Architecture have achieved planning and listed building consent for improvements to the Grade II listed Ukrainian Catholic church, located in the North Park Road Conservation Area of Bradford. 


The project includes:

• Improvements to disabled access

• Additional WCs for the congregation (including an accessible WC)

• The creation of a minister’s flat in the Gallery Vestry

• Fabric improvements / repairs in these areas


The church was built as the St John’s Methodist Church in 1878-79, designed by the Architect Christopher

Obie Ellison (1832-1904) who did much work for the Weslyans.  The church was sold to Bradford’s

Ukrainian community in the

late 1960s, along with the adjacent Sunday School.