St Gabriel, Stanbury

Lying some two miles west of Haworth, St Gabriel’s was built as a Chapel of Ease for its mother church, St Michael and All Angels. It is located in the centre of the small village of Stanbury, within the conservation area.  The building is Grade II listed.

The wish for an Anglican church in Stanbury came from Patrick Brontë, when Vicar of Haworth, in the 1840s.  The building opened as a Church School on 4th September 1848, and Charlotte Brontë taught here.

Calls Architecture are working with the Church on a programme of repairs to the building; including splice repairs to rotten roof timbers, re-bedding of coping and ridge stones, re-pointing of masonry and replacement of PVC gutters and downpipes.